History

Built in 1909 by Florida Brewing Company manager L.T. Trousdale, The Stovall House is one of the oldest and best examples of Classical Revival architecture in the area. Not long after Trousdale completed the house, Wallace Stovall, publisher of the Tampa Tribune from 1893 to 1925, purchased the home and retained ownership until 1943. 

From 1943 to 1991, the property changed hands two times before being purchase by Harry Teasley, former Coca-Cola executive. Mr. Teasley did much to improve the estate. Substantial renovations and additions to the historic house were made, including a greenhouse, guest quarters and an entertaining pavilion.

In 2018, Tate and Blake Casper purchased the property for the estate’s next chapter. In 2020, The Stovall House will be a thriving part of Tampa’s legacy. The Stovall House is a modern day iteration of a social club, opening the estate for members to wander, mingle, entertain, and relax.